Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cupcake lollipops

On the Bakerella blog there is an amazing looking recipe for some really cute cupcake lollipops, and I've been dying to make them, so I got brave and tried it out! My friend Maria was visiting from St. Louis, so she helped me start the project.


It was so much fun to have her here! We don't see each other very often since she lives about 20 hours away, so our short week together was wonderful. She left on Friday, and the cupcakes were only about halfway done, so I recruited my other wonderful friend Nancy to help me finish them. We had a blast dipping the little cupcakes in chocolate and decorating them with sprinkles. Here's the finished product.


If you want to see what the real professional cupcakes look like, check out the Bakerella page, but I think ours turned out pretty well. There are a lot of steps involved, but they actually aren't that hard to make. We added sticks to some of them and left some without sticks, just as little bite-sized cupcakes. It's fun to be out of school and to actually have time for things like baking again!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

So adorable! That was really fun. I'm glad Maria didn't finish!

bluenomad77 said...

yummy! Thanks for sharing. Feel free to share whenever you get that baking urge. :)