Monday, July 28, 2008

The Travelers Have Returned


Well, Brian and I are finally home from our adventures. After spending a week in Las Vegas helping my sister out with her new twins, I flew home. Then the very next day Brian and I took off for a Wilde family vacation to Grand Tetons National Park. We spent five days there, camping, hiking, cooking, and making s'mores. It was a blast. We saw some amazing waterfalls, several lakes and rivers, geysers, hot springs, and a bear! I got bit by a spider and half of my arm swelled up, making it very difficult to move my wrist or fingers for a few days. And Brian and I came home with over 30 mosquito bites between the two of us! But other than that, it was a great trip. I think my favorite site was the Yellowstone Waterfall. It was huge and amazing, and the trail to get there was pretty trippy- straight down on metal stairs that you could see through, so it gave you the illusion that you were falling down the mountain! Grand Teton and Yellowstone sure are beautiful places.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Yeah! You're back. Safe and sound, sort of. . . Love the yellowstone waterfall pic. What a classique!

JenB said...

Laura! We loved going camping with you guys. I definitely want a Nertz rematch! Thanks for all the fun times.

Mackay Family said...

We had such a great time with you guys! We're glad your arm is fully functionative again!