Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This Sums It Up

For the past two weeks, Brian has been receiving more and more interviews for dental school. We are so grateful for all these opportunities. BUT this also means that we've been trying to schedule all the interviews and buy all the plane tickets to get there. We're trying to find flights that will work with my schedule (so I can take him to the airport), with our friends' and family's schedules (for those people who live in the cities where he'll be interviewing), and Brian's schedule (so that he doesn't miss too many school days in a row and flunk this semester, making all these interviews somewhat pointless). It's a little hectic.
Meanwhile I'm trying to work on my thesis at break-neck speed. I'm about halfway through my Review of Literature section and I'm trying to finish the other half by the end of the week. It's getting a little hairy, but at least it'll be over soon! Things are a little crazy right now, but life is still wonderful. Brian and I have so much fun together. It's so nice to be able to come home from a stressful day and just crack each other up while we cook dinner and do the dishes together. Thank goodness for having fun with the small things in life. It's like President Hinckley's quote about how you can't wait around for life to be perfect or you'll spend a lot of time feeling ripped off. You have to find joy in the small moments. Just a little philosophy that I'll slip in between all the craziness.

2 comments:

JenB said...

Hang in there! You guys are amazing.

Nancy said...

Whoosh! Things are gettin' nuts over there! I'm so happy for your successful craziness, though. In like 2 weeks, this will be over (and something else will be just starting:). Let me know if I can help! and keep celebrating time. . .