Sunday, September 7, 2008

Timp Hike

This weekend we hiked up to the top of Mount Timpanogos. It was a long, steep, and challenging hike, but it was a lot of fun. Brian and I went with Brian's two little brothers, Todd and David. We had fun spending the day together and having so much time to talk. It was 7 miles up and 7 miles back, so after 14 miles of hiking, our legs were shot. My favorite parts of the hike were sliding down the glacier at the top, eating lunch at Emerald Lake, and climbing down a little 10 foot rock face when we went on the wrong trail and had to get down to a lower area. This is a picture of the waterfall that is along the trail about 2 miles up.


We are very sore today and we have nice little sunburns on our faces and necks. But what a beautiful hike!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Go Wilde or go home! Sounds like a successful hike! I miss you!!!!! I totally would have borrowed a can of olives from you yesterday. And then I would have invited you to eat some tasty pen court enchiladas with us, too!

Iloveyourguts.

JenB said...

What a fun time. I'm glad you survived Timp. I hear it is a very difficult hike. It is great to hear that you went with Todd and David. I'm sure they loved it.

Love the new header Laura! You do a good job with everything!

Mackay Family said...

Hi Guys! Sounds like an awesome hike! Congrats on the interviews too! You know we always have a guest room just waiting for you.... Come visit!